(The Chinese text of this article shall be deemed as the original. In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding as to the interpretation of the language or terms of this article, the Chinese language version shall prevail.)
Southwestern University offers multiple degree programs to international students in 2019 and reviews applicants’ comprehensive qualities and abilities via “Application-Evaluation System”.
The information is listed as below.
1. All degree programs are full time programs. The list of all programs and studying period are described in attachment 1.
(1) Age limit:
A. Applicants for bachelor's degree studies must be above the age of 18 by September 1, 2019 and under the age of 35.
B. Applicants for master's degree studies must be above the age of 18 by September 1, 2019 and under the age of 40.
C. Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be above the age of 18 by September 1, 2019 and under the age of 45.
(2) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, abide by the laws and regulations of Chinese Government and local government, as well as regulations of SWUFE.
(3) For bachelor’s degree program applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, the conditions set by the Document No. 83 (2009) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met. Residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have emigrated to other countries and are applying to SWUFE as international students must present valid passport or citizenship documents dating before April 30th 2014, along with proof of residence abroad of at least 2 years between April 30th 2014 to the application deadline (9 months of residence abroad per year may be considered as one year).
(4) Education background:
A. Applicants for bachelor’s degree programs must have a senior high school diploma
B. Applicants for master's degree programs must have a bachelor's degree
C. Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master's degree
3. Application time: January 1st, 2019 to June 30, 2019
4. Minimum Language Requirements
(1) Programs taught in Chinese
A. For bachelor degree applicants:
i. Having passed HSK Level 4 or above with a total score over 180 points;
ii. Having passed HSK Level 3 with a total score over 180 points is eligible too. However, applicants must participate in the self-paid language program in Spring Semester firstly and pass Level 4 or above with a total score over 180 points within one semester before the fall semester. Students who do not achieve this will not be allowed to start the degree program and the admission offer will be cancelled.
B. For Master and PhD degree applicants:
i. Having passed HSK Level 5 or above with a total score over 180 points;
ii. Having passed HSK Level 4 with a total score over 180 points is eligible too. However, applicants must participate in the self-paid language program in the first semester of the degree program and pass Level 5 or above with a total score over 180 points within one semester before the second semester. Students who do not achieve this will not be allowed to continue to study in the degree program and the admission offer will be cancelled.
C. Applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for the waiver.
(2) Programs taught in English
A. For bachelor degree applicants: a minimum overall band of 6 in IELTS, or a minimum score of 80 in the TOEFL ;
B. For Master and PhD degree applicants: a minimum overall band of 6.5 in IELTS, or a minimum score of 95 in the TOEFL;
C. Applicants whose native language is English, or can provide proof of studying at in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is English, can apply for the waiver.
5. Application procedures
Applicants shall all submit online application form at http://admission.swufe.edu.cn or http://swufe.17gz.org, pay application fee online and upload all documents required.
6. Supporting Documents
(1) One passport photo taken within 6 months
(2) Highest educational degree or diploma certificate
If the student has not obtained degree yet, the student should provide original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 31st of current year. This letter should be issued by the student’s current school.
(3) Complete transcripts of your highest degree studies
(4) First page of your passport
The passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the expected date of exit from the country.
(5) Applicants who are in China currently should also provide the copy of the page of his/her current visa or resident permit.
(6) Two academic referee's reports
The referee should be a professor or an associate professor or one person with relevant academic title. For bachelor degree applicants, this document is optional.
(7) The copy of language certificate（within 2 years）
(8) A 5-page statement of research interest or research proposal (For PhD degree applicants only)
(9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form （Filled out in English or Chinese）;
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months. Please download this form from Attachment 2.
(10) Bank Statement
(11) Other optional documents that could present applicants’ academic and comprehensive ability, for example, award certificate, published paper, etc.
★ All documents should be presented in English or Chinese. If not, a notarized translation version in English or Chinese is mandatory. Documents in other language are not valid.
★ If it’s necessary, Admission Office will require applicants to submit extra documents.
7. Application Fee
(1) Application fee is 600 RMB. You may pay by cash, or bank cards with UnionPay logo, or pay online. If you want to make the payment online, please follow the instruction at application website. We don’t accept traveler’s check or other payment methods.
(2) One Application without application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refunded under any circumstances.
(1) After reviewing applicants’ application form and supporting documents, CIE Admission Office will inform applicants the admission results.
(2) Applicants may check admission results via the online application system.
http://admission.swufe.edu.cn or http://swufe.17gz.org
(3) CIE Admission Office is responsible for issuing Admission Letter and Visa documents.
Please refer to exact Registration Date that will be stated in Admission Letter. Please register on time. For those who do not register on time, SWUFE reserves the right to withdraw the admission offer any time.
All Degree students must take a full physical examination (self-paid) after arrival in Chengdu. After the physical examination, please provide the health report to Student Affairs Office within 15 days after the Registration Day. An example could be downloaded from Attachment 2. All degree students should meet the health standards and requirements. If not, the admission decision will be automatically revoked.
10. Tuition Fees
Deposit (In Cash)
Please refer to “Scholarship” section at CIE website:
(1) The content above is subject to change based on updated change of China laws and regulations relevant to international students.
(2) The content above is subject to final explanation of College of International Education, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. It’s also subject to change and may be updated at any time.
(3) Please frequently check the website of CIE for updated information
13. Fraud Policy
A. If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected at the application stage, application will be rejected immediately;
B. If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected at the pre-admission stage, the admission offer will be abolished immediately;
C. If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected after students’ registration, enrollment or student status will be abolished immediately;
D. If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected after graduation, education administration department shall declares the academic record and the degree certificate invalid, and order it to be withdrawn or confiscated.
E. If any crime is suspected, the case shall be transferred to the judicial authority.
14. Contact information
Admission Office (Room 206)
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
No.55 Guanghuacun Street
Chengdu Sichuan Province
P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 (0) 28 87355437
Fax: +86 (0) 28 87355437
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
15. Formal complaint
If the applicant is dissatisfied with the response received from the Admissions Office, he/she should submit a written complaint to us via E-mail. The applicant should provide details of the events, his/her identification and contact information. For consulting, please contact us via the phone call.
Tel.: +86 (0) 28 87356398
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
November 10, 2018