In order to further push forward the educational exchange and cooperation between the City of Chengdu and its international sister cities (Including the international friendly and cooperative cities, here in after referred to as Sister Cities collectively), as well as attract more international students to study in higher education institutions located in Chengdu City, Chengdu local government sets up “Government Scholarship for International Students from Chengdu Sister Cities” for those from one of Chengdu’s sister cities (list as below).
1. Applicants should be citizens from the sister cities with foreign nationalities, friendly to china and in good health;
2. Applicants should abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese governments and have good performance in China.
3. Applicants should have the right attitude to study, without breaking school rules and disciplines and having good academic performance
4. Applicants should be current students and hold admission letters
5. Applicants who accept the non-degree education should study at least three months in the university
6. Applicants should be born in or have studied, worked or lived in the Sister Cities of Chengdu City and hold the official confirmation letters issued by related departments in Sister Cities (in change of international affairs) . Please review the list of Sister Cities and Example of Confirmation Letter in the attachment.
* International students who have been awarded with other types of Government Scholarship for International Students are not allowed to apply for the Scholarship.
1. Only Non-Degree Program current students could apply for Chengdu Sister City Scholarship in Spring Semester.
2. Non-Degree Program students can obtain the scholarship of 1,000 Yuan/Person/Month with the maximum of no more than 10,000 Yuan/Person/Year carried out if they are approved by the evaluation team based on the specific situations of the current year. (July and August are not included.) Non-Degree students are not allowed to apply for the Scholarship within three years from the year they are awarded the one-off incentive.
3. Due to the competitiveness of the scholarship awarding process and financial aid pool, the university is unable to negotiate scholarship awards.
4. This scholarship is merit-based. Applicants with good grades and performance at SWUFE will be prioritized.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2018, 17:00
Please refer to the requirement in Application Form for Chengdu Government Scholarship. You may download the form at CIE website.
Applicants must complete Application Form for Chengdu Government Scholarship, and submit together with other supporting documents to Admission Office (Office 206) of CIE before the deadline. We do not accept any application after the deadline.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com or 028-87355437.
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
April 16, 2018