(The Chinese text of this article shall be deemed as the original. In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding as to the interpretation of the language or terms of this article, the Chinese language version shall prevail.)
I. Recruitment Categories and Policies
1. SWUFE recruits full-time international students in accordance with “Application-Evaluation Mechanism” to evaluate applicants’ comprehensive abilities.
2. International students should be admitted by SWUFE following the Document of No.42 of Ministry of Education of the PRC and study full-time at SWUFE within the required study period.
3. SWUFE will award a full-time international graduate the corresponding graduation certificate in accordance with the national relevant regulations, and award the corresponding degree certificate if the graduate’s academic level reaches the nation-recognized degree standard.
II. Academic Programs and Language of Instruction
Please check SWUFE 2022 Major List in Attachment 1.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport (according to the Nationality Law of The People’s Republic of China), and the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met; be in good health and get good grades.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local government as well as regulations of SWUFE.
3. Applicants’ education background should meet one of the conditions as below:
(1) Nation-recognized senior high school students who will graduate in the current year must obtain a nation-recognized corresponding diploma before enrolling in the year of admission, otherwise, the admission qualification will be invalid.
(2) Applicants have had a nation-recognized senior high school diploma.
(3) Applicants have had a Bachelor’s degree.
4. Age Limit: 18 to 35 years old.
Applicants should meet the age limit by September 1st, 2022.
5. Requirements of Language Proficiency
(1) Chinese-taught Program
A. Applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is Chinese, do not need to provide a language certificate.
B. Applicants whose native language is not Chinese are required to pass HSK Level 4 with a total score over 180 points, or pass the test organized by College of International Education, SWUFE.
(2) English-taught Program
A. Applicants whose native language is English, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is English, do not need to provide a language certificate.
B. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide a score report of an English language test (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above), or pass the test organized by College of International Education, SWUFE.
IV. Application Procedures
1. Apply Online
(1) Apply Period:
March 1st, 2022 - June 30th, 2022 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
(2) Apply Requirements: Before the deadline, applicants shall all submit the online application form at SWUFE International Students Service System (http://swufe.17gz.org) and upload all documents required. The authenticity and accuracy of personal information should be ensured.
(3) Additional Notes: Applicants shall guarantee the application information and documents are correct, valid, and authentic. Any invalid or inauthentic documents/information will disqualify the application.
2. Application Fee
(1) Application fee is 600 RMB. Please follow the instruction at SWUFE International Students Service System for online payment.
(2) The Application without application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refunded under any circumstance.
V. Supporting Documents
1. Uploaded Documents
Applicants should submit the online application before the deadline and upload documents as required:
(1) Passport photo taken within 6 months;
(2) Notarized senior high school degree/diploma certificate or an equivalent;
If the applicant has not obtained the degree yet, then should provide an original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 25th, 2022. This letter should be issued by the student’s current school.
(3) Complete transcripts of senior high education;
(4) Language Certificate;
(5) Applicants who have been in Mainland China should also provide the copy of the page of visa or residence permit;
(6) First page of applicant’s personal passport;
Applicants shall submit a clear scanned copy of personal passport with validity later than March 1, 2023. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of SWUFE, they may submit scanned copies of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, gender, nationality, date of birth” and other information.
(7) Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 2);
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(8) Other optional documents that could present applicants’ academic and comprehensive ability, for example, award certificate, published paper, etc.
2. Additional Notes:
(1) All documents should be presented in Chinese or English. If not, a notarized translated version in Chinese or English is mandatory. Documents without translation in Chinese or English are not valid.
(2) If it’s necessary, SWUFE will require applicants to submit extra documents and the original version of the documents above for confirmation.
VI. Admission Procedures
1. Admission procedures:
General Review (CIE Admission Office) → Online Exam/Interview → Academic Review (Committee of schools) → Final Review (Committee of SWUFE ) → Admission
2. The application information confirmed by the applicants will not be modified during the admission procedures, and applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be admitted. Applicants who have not passed or completed the review of academic degree qualifications (student status) will not be admitted.
3. CIE Admission Office is responsible for issuing Admission Letter, JW 202 Form, and other documents.
4. Admitted students should register on time. Those who are unable to register on time for some reason must submit a written request for leave to the College of International Education, SWUFE in advance. Graduates in the current year must obtain a national-recognized graduation certificate before the registration day. Otherwise, the admission qualification will be invalid.
3. Bank Account
SWUFE Bank Account Information (Only for transferring tuition) is attached (Attachment 3).
(1) Please state the information below in your transfer statement and email the statement to email@example.com：
Application Number, Full Passport Name, Passport Number, Semesters for which the tuition is paid.
(2) All fees incurred during the bank transfer will be students’ responsibility. Please also make sure all the information of the recipient’s A/C is correct when you make the transfer.
1. Applicants who violate any rule or cheat during the registration process shall be demanded accountability seriously according to the Document No. 33 of the Ministry of Education of the PRC. If a violation is constituted, the judicial authorities shall be investigated for legal responsibility according to law. If a crime is constituted, criminal responsibility shall be investigated according to law. For those who falsify documents or qualifications, whenever verified, their qualifications for examination, admission, or student status will be abolished immediately according to relevant regulations.
2. If the contents of this Admission Information are inconsistent with the documents of national relevant departments and the Ministry of Education, the latter shall prevail.
IX. Contact Information
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
No.55 Guanghuacun Street
Chengdu Sichuan Province
P.R. China 610074
Tel/Fax: +86-28-8735 5437
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
November 22, 2021