In order to further push forward the educational exchange and cooperation between China and “the Belt and Road” countries, the City of Chengdu and its international sister cities (including the international friendly and cooperative cities, hereinafter referred to as “Sister Cities” collectively), as well as attract more international students to study in higher education institutions located in Chengdu City, Chengdu Municipal People’s Government sets up “Chengdu Government ‘the Belt and Road’ Scholarship for International Students” and “Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students from Sister Cities”. The application information is as follows:
1. Scholarship Types
(1) Chengdu Government “the Belt and Road” Scholarship for International Students (here in after referred to as “the Belt and Road” Scholarship)
(2) Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students from Sister Cities (here in after referred to as Sister Cities Scholarship)
(1) Applicants of “the Belt and Road” Scholarship should be citizens from “the Belt and Road” countries with foreign nationalities and valid passport. (Please go to the website https://eng.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/info/iList.jsp?cat_id=10076 to check “the Belt and Road” countries.)
(2) Applicants of Sister Cities Scholarship should be citizens from the sister cities with foreign nationalities, or should be born in or have studied, worked or lived in the Sister Cities of Chengdu. Please review the list of Sister Cities (Attachment 1).
(3) Applicants should be friendly to China and in good health.
(4) Applicants should abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese governments, and have good performance in China.
(5) Applicants should have the right attitude to study and good academic performance without breaking school rules and disciplines.
(6) Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies should meet the requirements of Admission Information for 2020 Bachelor’s Degree Programs (https://international.swufe.edu.cn/info/1097/1922.htm).
(7) Applicants for master’s and doctoral degree studies should meet the requirements of Admission Information for 2020 Master’s and Doctoral Degree Programs (https://international.swufe.edu.cn/info/1097/1923.htm).
(8) Applicants will not be offered with any other Chinese Government Scholarship, Sichuan Provincial Scholarship, any other type of Chengdu Government Scholarship or other similar scholarships for the study at SWUFE.
(9) Applicants shall apply from SWUFE directly.
3. Scholarship Details
1. Doctoral Program students
CNY 30,000 yuan/year, with the period of no more than three years.
2. Master’s Program students
CNY 25,000 yuan/year, with the period of no more than three years.
3. Bachelor Program students
CNY 20,000 yuan/year, with the period of no more than four years.
4. Application Time
08:00 May 27th, 2020 ~ 17:00 June 24th, 2020 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
5. Academic Programs and Teaching Language
Please check the programs list and the language of programs at https://international.swufe.edu.cn/__local/4/AB/3F/BB17217E3B79258814DA8A274B8_FC9C74B5_80C9B.pdf.
6. Application documents
(1) Applicants shall all submit online application at http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do and upload all documents required.
(2) Besides the documents required in the related Admission Information, applicants shall also submit the documents below:
A. Application Form for Chengdu “the Belt and Road” Scholarship (Attachment 2) or Application Form for Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students from Sister Cities (Attachment 3)
B. Identity Confirmation Letter (Attachment 4, only for Sister Cities Scholarship applicants)
The official confirmation letter should be issued by related departments in Sister Cities (in change of international affairs).
Please check Application Guide for detailed application procedure (Attachment 5).
All documents should be presented in English or Chinese. If not, a notarized translated version in English or Chinese is mandatory. Documents without translation in English or Chinese are not valid.
Applicants shall guarantee the application information and documents are correct, valid and authentic. Any invalid or inauthentic documents/information will disqualify your scholarship application.
(1) Application fee is CNY 600. Applications without application fee will not be processed. Application fee is not refunded under any circumstance.
(2) All fees of the program that are required in the related Admission Information shall be paid by students upon registration.
(1) Registration Date for students is usually in September. Please refer to exact Registration Date that will be stated in Admission Letter. Please register on time. For those who do not register on time as requested in Admission Letter, SWUFE reserves the right to withdraw the admission offer and scholarship offer.
(2) Original application material will be checked during registration. Any invalid, incorrect, inauthentic document and information will disqualify your scholarship and registration.
9. Other Notes
(1) Semi-annual Review is required for awardees. The scholarship is granted in the end of each semester if the awardees pass the semi-annual assessment. If not, the scholarship will be canceled or terminated.
(2) Applicants please apply from CIE directly. Please check your application status in the application system (http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do).
(3) The content above is subject to change based on change of related Chinese laws and regulations in 2020.
(4) Please frequently check the website of CIE for updated information (http://international.swufe.edu.cn).
(5) The content above is subject to final explanation of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
Address: 55 Guanghuacun Street, Chengdu, P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 28 8735 5437
Fax: +86 28 8735 5437
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
May 26th, 2020