2021 Southwestern University of Finance and Economics Application Information
for International Students of Chinese Language Training Program (Online Teaching)
(The Chinese text of this article shall be deemed as the original. In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding as to the interpretation of the language or terms of this article, the Chinese language version shall prevail.)
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (hereinafter SWUFE) offers Chinese Language Training Program (Online Teaching) to international students and reviews applicants’ comprehensive qualities and abilities via “Application-Evaluation System”. This program will carry out rolling admission procedures. The information is listed as below.
(1) No age limit for applicants of Online Chinese Language Training Program.
(2) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, abide by the laws and regulations of Chinese Government and local government, as well as regulations of SWUFE, and have no record of violation of laws or regulations.
(3) Applicants who are currently in Chinese mainland should hold a long-term and valid China visa. The validity period of the visa should cover the whole period of the spring / fall semester. For applicants who apply for Chinese Language Training Program (Online Teaching), SWUFE will not provide any assistance with visa.
(1) Spring semester
Application period: December 1st, 2020-April 30th, 2021
Class period: February, 2021-July, 2021
(2) Fall semester
Application period: May 1st, 2021-October 31st, 2021
Class period: September, 2021-January, 2022
3. Program Introduction
SWUFE adopts the teaching mode of combination of online live classes and regular Q&A session, with 16 weeks per semester and 20 class hours per week. All online classes can be rebroadcast unlimited times before the semester ends. Regular courses are mainly divided into three categories: elementary, intermediate and advanced levels, and each category is specified separately. Regular courses focus on the cultivation of students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing abilities, in order to comprehensively improve their Chinese levels. The new students will be divided into different classes depending on their placement tests, and each student will have one chance to apply for a change of class level within the first teaching week. Please click the following link for more information about Chinese courses and textbooks: https://international.swufe.edu.cn/English/Admission/Chinese_Program.htm
4. Application Procedures
Before the deadline, applicants shall submit online application form at http://admission.swufe.edu.cn , and upload all documents required. Applicants shall ensure authenticity and accuracy of his/her personal information during online application.
Applicants may watch the video for detailed application procedures through the website below:
(Please use Firefox/IE Browser to open the link)
5. Supporting Documents
(1) One ID photo taken within 6 months
(2) First page of your passport
The passport shall be in the category of Personal Ordinary Passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the application date.
(3) Valid visa page
Applicants who are in Chinese mainland currently should also provide the copy of the page of his/her current visa or resident permit.
★ If necessary, Admission Office will require applicants to submit extra documents.
RMB 200/Class Hour
Normal Class (6-20 students)
Note: The above prices are calculated in RMB
(2) Payment Methods
Please pay tuition by bank transfer within 5 working days after receiving the Admission Letter. SWUFE Bank Account Information (Only for Transferring Tuition) is attached (attachment 1).
A. Please state the information below in your transfer statement and email the statement to firstname.lastname@example.org：
Full Passport Name, Application Number.
B. All fee incurred during the bank transfer will be students’ responsibility. Please also make sure all the information of the recipient’s A/C is correct when you make the transfer.
7. Basic Requirements
(1) During study period, students shall observe the laws and decrees of China as well as the rules and regulations of our university.
(2) Please make sure you have thoroughly read and fully understood the Regulations for International Students, SWUFE and International Students’ Guidebook provided at http://international.swufe.edu.cn/info/1004/1281.htm. SWUFE will take corresponding measures if a student violates related laws, regulations or rules. The student will take full responsibility for any related consequence.
(1) After reviewing applicants’ application forms and supporting documents, College of International Education (hereinafter CIE) of SWUFE will inform applicants of the final results via email in 15 working days. Please check your email box regularly.
(2)Applicants may check admission results via the online application system http://admission.swufe.edu.cn .
(1) The content above is subject to change based on updated change of China laws and regulations that are relevant to international students.
(2) The content above is subject to final explanation of College of International Education, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics. It’s also subject to change and may be updated at any time.
(3) Please frequently check the website of CIE for updated information.
(4) Fraud Policy
A. If fraudulent documents and fraud practices are detected, CIE of SWUFE will take the below measures in accordance with the seriousness of the case:
(a) reject application immediately;
(b) abolish the admission offer immediately;
(c) abolish enrollment of student status immediately;
(d) declare the study certificate invalid, or order it to be confiscated.
B. If any crime is suspected, the case shall be transferred to the judicial authority.
10. Contact Information
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (Guanghua Campus)
No.55 Guanghuacun Street
Chengdu Sichuan Province
P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 (0) 28 87355437
Fax: +86 (0) 28 87355437
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
December 14th, 2020