Application Notice for SWUFE 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (Category B)
Application Notice for SWUFE 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese University Program (Category B)
(The Chinese text of this notice shall be deemed the original. In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding as to the interpretation of the language or terms in this article, the Chinese language version shall prevail.
Ⅰ. Types of Chinese University Programs
1. The University Postgraduate Program
In order to promote mutual understanding, cooperation, and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up this scholarship program to sponsor outstanding international students to pursue graduate study in China.
2. The “Silk Road” Program
In order to deepen the education cooperation with the “Belt and Road” countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up this scholarship program for recruiting outstanding students from the “Belt and Road” countries to pursue graduate study in China.
Ⅱ. Application Period
January 1st, 2022 ~ April 15th, 2022 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport in accordance with the Nationality Law of The People’s Republic of China, and meet the requirements set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of The PRC and other relevant regulations; be in good health and get good grades.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local government as well as regulations of SWUFE.
3. Applicants’ education background should meet one of the conditions as below:
(1) Undergraduates (applying for master’s degree program) or postgraduates (applying for doctoral degree program) who will graduate in the current year must obtain a national recognized corresponding diploma before enrolling in the year of admission, otherwise, the admission qualification will be invalid.
(2) Applicants have had a national recognized bachelor’s degree (applying for master’s degree program) or master’s degree (applying for doctoral degree program).
4. Age Limit
(1) Applying for master’s degree program: 18-35 years old
(2) Applying for doctoral degree program: 18-40 years old
Applicants should meet the age limit by September 1st, 2022.
5. Requirements of Language Proficiency
(1) Chinese-taught program
A. Applicants who passed HSK Level 5 with each subject scored over 60 points.
B. Applicants who passed HSK Level 4 with each subject scored over 60 points can apply to the degree program with one-year Chinese language preparatory study. Students shall pass HSK Level 5 with each subject scored over 60 points before the end of the preparatory study. If not, the scholarship will be paused or terminated.
(2) English-taught program
A. Applicants whose native language is English, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is English, do not need to provide a language certificate.
B. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide a score report of an English language test (IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 95 and above) or pass the test organized by College of International Education, SWUFE.
6. Applicants shall apply for the scholarship at SWUFE directly and independently.
Ⅳ. Academic Programs and Language of Instruction
Please check SWUFE 2022 CSC Major List in Attachment 1.
Ⅴ. Duration of Scholarship
Chinese Language Study
The specific duration will be stated in the Admission Notice.
Ⅵ. Scholarship Coverage
(3) Living allowance;
(4) Comprehensive medical insurance.
For more details, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council:
Ⅶ. Application Procedures
All applicants should apply online, confirm the application information, and pay the application fee.
1. Apply Online
(1) Submit online application at Chinese Government Scholarship System (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register); The Agency Number of SWUFE is 10651).
(2) Submit an online application at SWUFE International Students Service System ( http://swufe.17gz.org), and pay the application fee.
(3) Applicants shall guarantee the application information and documents are correct, valid, and authentic. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by any invalid or inauthentic documents/information.
2. Application Fee
(1) Application fee is 600 RMB. Please follow the instruction at SWUFE International Students Service System for online payment.
(2) The applications without paying the application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refundable under any circumstance.
Ⅷ. Application Documents
1. Upload Documents
Applicants should upload documents and submit online applications before the deadline as required:
(1) Passport photo taken within 6 months;
(2) Notarized highest educational degree or diploma certificate;
If the applicant has not obtained the degree yet, they should provide an original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 25th, 2022. This letter should be issued by the applicant’s current university.
(3) Complete highest educational transcript;
(4) Recommendation letters;
Applicants for master’s and doctoral programs shall submit two recommendation letters signed by professors, associate professors, or people with relevant academic titles in related academic fields.
(5) Study Plan or Research Proposal;
It should be a minimum of 800 words for master’s and doctoral program applicants.
(6) Valid language certificate;
(7) First page of applicant’s personal passport;
Applicants shall submit a clear scanned copy of personal passport that will not expire on or before March 1, 2023. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of SWUFE, they may submit scanned copies of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, gender, nationality, date of birth” and other information.
(8) Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 2).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(9) Non-Criminal Record
Applicants shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application. If applicants could not get the record from the local public security authority, then shall sign the Commitment Letter of Non-Criminal Record (Attachment 3) and upload it in the application system instead of Non-Criminal Record.
2. Important Notes
(1) All documents should be presented in Chinese or English. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English shall be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(2) If necessary, SWUFE will require applicants to submit extra documents.
(3) Please check the Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship Chinese University Program for more details (Attachment 4).
Ⅸ. Selection and Admission
1. Admission Procedures
Initial Review (CIE Admission Office)→Online Exam→Academic Review (Committee of Schools)→Online Interview→General Review (Committee of SWUFE) →Initial Admitted/Waiting List/Rejected→Final Review (CSC)→Formal Admitted
2. For scholarship applicants initially admitted by multiple universities at the same time, CSC will only reserve the scholarship of one university for the applicant.
3. Scholarship recipients shall not change the host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter.
4. Applicants could submit applications for different scholarships and self-paid programs in SWUFE. Each scholarship recipient will be granted no more than one scholarship.
5. Scholarship recipients should register on time. Those who are unable to register on time for some reason must submit a written request for leave to College of International Education, SWUFE in advance and get approval from CSC. The scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register on time without approval.
6. If the contents of this Application Notice are inconsistent with the documents of national relevant departments, the Ministry of Education, and CSC, the latter shall prevail.
1. Applicants who violate any rule or cheat during the application process shall be demanded accountability seriously according to the Document No. 33 of the Ministry of Education of the PRC. For those who falsify documents or qualifications, whenever verified, their qualifications for examination, admission, or student status will be abolished immediately according to relevant regulations.
2. Awarded students must participate in annual reassessment based on the requirements of CSC and SWUFE. Students will continue having the scholarship after they pass the annual reassessment. If not, the scholarship will be paused or terminated.
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Tel/ Fax: +86 28 87355437
Address: No.55 Guanghuacun Street, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, P.R. China 610074
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
November 22nd, 2021
1. SWUFE 2022 Major List
2. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
3. Commitment Letter of Non-Criminal Record
4. Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship Chinese University Program