Application Notice for Southwestern University of Finance and Economics 2022 “The Belt and Road” Scholarship
Application Notice for Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
2022 “The Belt and Road” Scholarship
(The Chinese text of this regulation shall be deemed the original. In the event of any dispute or misunderstanding as to the interpretation of the language or terms in this article, the Chinese language version shall be the only document consulted.)
Ⅰ. Scholarship Details
SWUFE provides Full Scholarship and Partial Scholarship.
1. Full Scholarship
B. Accommodation on campus
C. Living allowance: CNY1500/month for bachelor students; CNY2000/month for master students; CNY2500/month for Ph.D. students.
2. Partial Scholarship
Ⅱ. Application Time
January 1st, 2022 ~ April 30th, 2022 (UTC/GMT +08:00)
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport in accordance with the Nationality Law of The People’s Republic of China, and meet the requirements set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of The PRC and other relevant regulations; be in good health and get good grades.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local government as well as regulations of SWUFE.
3. Applicants’ education background should meet one of the conditions as below:
(1) High school students (applying for bachelor’s degree program), undergraduates (applying for master’s degree program), or postgraduates (applying for doctoral degree program) who will graduate in the current year must obtain a national recognized corresponding diploma before enrolling in the year of admission, otherwise, the admission qualification will be invalid.
(2) Applicants have had a national recognized high school diploma (applying for bachelor’s degree program), bachelor’s degree (applying for master’s degree program), or master’s degree (applying for doctoral degree program).
4. Age limit
(1) Applying for bachelor’s degree program: 18-30 years old
(2) Applying for master’s degree program: 18-35 years old
(3) Applying for doctoral degree program: 18-40 years old
Applicants should meet the age limit by September 1st, 2022.
5. Requirements of language proficiency
(1) Chinese-taught program
A. Applicants whose native language is not Chinese are required to provide HSK Level 4 (applying for bachelor’s degree program) or HSK Level 5 (applying for master’s or doctoral degree program) with each subject scored over 60 points or pass the test organized by College of International Education, SWUFE;
B. Applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is Chinese, do not need to provide a language certificate.
(2) English-taught program
A. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide a score report of an English language test (IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 95 and above) or pass the test organized by College of International Education SWUFE；
B. Applicants whose native language is English, or can provide proof of studying in a 2-year or above degree program in which the teaching language is English, do not need to provide a language certificate.
6. Applicants are not offered any other Chinese scholarships for the program study at SWUFE.
7. Applicants shall apply for the scholarship at SWUFE directly and independently.
Ⅳ. Academic Programs and Language of Instruction
Please check SWUFE 2022 Major List in Attachment 1.
Ⅴ. Application documents
1. Uploaded Documents
Applicants should submit an online application before the deadline and upload documents as required:
(1) Passport photo taken within 6 months;
(2) Notarized highest educational degree or diploma certificate;
If the applicant has not obtained the degree yet, then should provide an original official letter that states this student will obtain the degree before August 25, 2022. This letter should be issued by the student’s current school.
(3) Complete highest educational transcript;
(4) Recommendation letters;
Applicants for master’s and doctoral programs shall submit two recommendation letters signed by associate professors or professors or people with relevant academic titles in related academic fields.
(5) A Study Plan or Research Proposal;
A minimum of 200 words for bachelor’s program applicants, 800 words for master’s and doctoral program applicants.
(6) Valid language certificate;
(7) First page of applicant’s personal passport;
Applicants shall submit a clear scanned copy of personal passport with validity later than March 1, 2023. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of SWUFE, they may submit scanned copies of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, gender, nationality, date of birth” and other information.
(8) Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Attachment 2).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
2. Important notes
(1) All documents should be presented in Chinese or English. If not, a notarized translated version in Chinese or English is mandatory. Documents without translation in Chinese or English are not valid.
(2) If necessary, College of International Education will require applicants to submit extra documents.
Ⅵ. Application Procedures
All applicants should apply online, confirm the application information, and pay the application fee.
1. Apply online
(1) Submit an online application at SWUFE International Students Service System
Visit http://swufe.17gz.org, fill in the application form, upload relevant documents as required, pay the application fee online, and submit the application.
(2) Applicants shall guarantee the application information and documents are correct, valid and authentic. Any invalid or inauthentic documents/information will disqualify the application.
(3) Please refer to attachment 3 for the Application Procedure.
2. Application Fee
(1) Application fee is 600 RMB. Please follow the instruction at SWUFE International Students Service System for online payment.
(2) The Application without application fee will not be processed.
(3) Application fee is not refunded under any circumstance.
The registration date for students is usually in September. Please refer to the exact Registration Date that will be stated in Admission Letter. Please register on time. For those who do not register on time as requested in Admission Letter, SWUFE reserves the right to withdraw the admission offer and scholarship offer. Original application material will be checked during registration. Any invalid, incorrect, inauthentic document and information will disqualify your scholarship and registration.
Ⅷ. Other Notes
(1) International students who have been granted the scholarship are required to complete the Scholarship Annual Review Form and submit it together with supplementary materials, such as transcripts, certificates of awards, letters of recommendation, and publications, to CIE before May 1st each year. If students fail the annual review, SWUFE CIE reserves the right to suspend the scholarship, or lower the standard of scholarship, or suspend, or terminate the scholarship.
(2) Applicants please apply from CIE directly for all types of scholarships. Please check your application status in the application system (http://swufe.17gz.org).
(3) Please frequently check the website of College of International Education SWUFE for updated information (http://international.swufe.edu.cn).
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Address: 55 Guanghuacun Street, Chengdu, P.R. China 610074
Tel: +86 28 8735 5437
Fax: +86 28 8735 5437
College of International Education
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
November 19, 2021
1. SWUFE 2022 Major List
2. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
3. Application Procedure